CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


Mother’s day is a holiday to celebrate and honor the mothers. We are all greatly influenced by our mothers; we get our source of inspiration throughout our lives from our mothers, who sacrificed their lives for our happiness and life. A mother can be defined in a lot of ways, but merely these words are enough to depict what they truly are: mothers are love, kindness, forgiveness, sacrifice, care, compassion, tears, faith, loyalty and never-ending passion. Being a mom is living and dying for her children.
Here are among the best descriptions/quotes of what composes a “Mother”
- “A mother's love is instinctual, unconditional, and forever.”- unknown
- “Mother is the bank where we deposit all our hurts and worries.” – unknown
- “A mother loves her children even when they least deserve to be loved.”- Kate Samperi
- “Mother is the one we count on for the things that matter most of all.” - Katherine Butler Hathaway, "The Journals and Letters of the Little Locksmith"
- “A mother understands what a child does not say.” - Jewish proverb
- “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.”- Unknown
Knowing this, I’ve recalled one scenario that smacked me; it was when one of my patients died, she’s a mother, when she passed away, her sons were crying and simply said to us, “You’re still lucky for you still have your parents with you, and you should treasure every moment you are with them for they will never be with you forever, you will never know when they’ll be gone so as early as now, you must show them how much they mean to you”
Now, I’ve realized the importance of celebrating mother’s day, it’s cherishing the person who gave life to me, who cared for me and loved me despite of what I am. I made mistakes before, I’ve been a bad daughter and hence it’s true that we will never know the love of our parents until we become parents ourselves. I won’t wait for that day to come for now I’ll start loving each day I am with my mother and father too!!

This song from the spice girls entitled “MAMA” is one of my favorite songs, I used to sing this all the time during my teenage years, the lyrics depicted a lot of my past encounters with my mom which now inspires me…Love you Mama!! (though I don’t say it aloud)

0 commentaries: