CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sonnet XLIII



One of the poems I truly adore is Elizabeth Browning's Sonnet XLIII, it denotes one's confession of true love.

I've been in this world for quite some time now, been in loved, been hurt, been dumped and cried over someone who doesn't deserve it. I declared my love for them just like what this poem denotes, I haved loved him with the breath, smiles and tears of all my life and if my God do really choose him as my destiny, I wanna love him more till the end. Being in love for me is the most amazing feeling in this world but It will only be amazing if you are being loved back....

"Sonnet XLIII"
HOW do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, -I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! - and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
by: Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Well,to end my desperation in love, I just wanna say someday I simply hope to love and be loved better after death!! x.o.x.o

2 commentaries:

Anonymous said...

love this poem too

Kikit said...

I'm glad to read this poem again. :)